Teaching Internship Programme
We offer a 4 week internship programme during the Summer term, working with St Bede’s, St Robert of Newminster, Cardinal Hume, Cramlington Learning Village, St Leonard’s, St Thomas More and Kingsmeadow School.
Our internship programme:
- provides current undergraduates (maths, physics, computing and Modern Foreign Languages (MFL) with secondary school experience, in preparation for initial teacher training and a possible career in secondary education; and
- offers a range of opportunities and experiences, working alongside experienced teachers, to gain a wider understanding of the roles and responsibilities of teachers in schools.
All interns are guaranteed an Initial Teacher Training (ITT) interview through the Bishop Wilkinson Trust Centre for Teaching. If you wish to apply for an internship:
- an application form for internships will be made available in February 2023;
- applications for ITT courses should be made through the Department for Education’s teacher application service; and
- places are filled on a ‘first come first served’ basis.